Saturday, March 14, 2009

Twitter and Cable TV - 500 Channels and There's Nothing On (Thanks Bruce)




I have been using and following on Twitter for a while and there are some things I love to follow and am impressed with:
  • CEO of Zappos
  • Onward Search
  • Hang in There Jack
But, as Twitter gains in popularity and usage, my lists of Tweets are becoming unwieldy. Sure, I have TweetDeck that helps to organize the tweets, but still, everytime I look at TweetDeck do I want to invest 30 minutes to catch up? and the more cool people I find to follow, the more unwieldy and unusable it gets. What happens when every brand I love, every friend I have, every company I want to work for are all tweeting? I am a big offender, but do I need to read everytime someone sees a movie or eats something? Isn't it just too much?

It might end up that there is so much, its just easier to ignore all of it. I am not there yet, but I am a little at a loss on what to follow, how to read it, and when to care! I will continue to work on this one. Maybe there is a business that allows for real filtering of tweets with notifications?

No comments:

Post a Comment