Friday, January 23, 2009

A government for the people by the people -- whose email address doesn't work?


By now, most people have heard about the new www.whitehouse.gov. The site launched to coincide with the inauguration and looks great. More modern, clean, good use of video.

Since I have a lot of time lately, I sent them a note volunteering my services in either a professional or pro bono capacity. The note read:

The site looks great! I was recently laid off after leading marketing for Starwood Preferred Guest and all brand interactive strategy for Starwood (My title was VP Starwood Preferred Guest and Brand Interactive Marketing.) I led the development of all of Starwood Hotels brand web sites (sheraton.com, luxurycollection.com, spg.com, whotels.com, etc) and all of their interactive marketing and social media initiatives.

I love how the new administration is using digital channels. If there is any way for me to help, let me know? I am looking for jobs, but would do some pro bono stuff too if it makes sense. I have attached my resume so you have some context.

What did I get back? A delivery failure! The email address on the site isn't valid. Kudos to the government for trying to be more open and modern in communications methods, but, lets make the feedback mechanisms work!

No comments:

Post a Comment