Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year! And not to beat a dead cable company, but...

First of all, happy new year. I know I haven't written anything in a while, but, I am all fired up now. I am PASSIONATE about the customer. I know it sounds trite, but its true.

So, this morning I get a call from Comcast asking about my recent installation (yes I am aware its from a 3rd party research company, and, we are forced to use Comcast as they are basically a monopoly in Portland). They went through a bunch of standard customer sat. questions. "Did you get a welcome kit?" "no". "Did the installer explain how to set up voicemail?" "no". I asked if they would correct anything based on this call and send me a welcome kit, etc. The response? "I don't know. Hopefully the company will look at it". SO WHY DID I WASTE MY TIME ON A SATURDAY MORNING TALKING TO THEM????????

So frustrating. New marketing 101 rule. If you ask your customer's a question make sure you respond to their answers! DON'T waste people's time! Get your research company to identify issues at a customer level and react. You would be amazed at the loyalty you can drive.

1 comment: