Saturday, March 13, 2010

Megatron, what I love about Social Media

My new favorite use for social media is the Facebook page, bit.ly/90I8jZ. The fan page was set up by a guy who obviously bet his sister that if he got 1 million fans, she'd have to name her unborn child Megatron. Well, it spread like fire. He is at 1.3 million as of today, 3/13. Whats amazing was the speed with which the page ramped up. I looked on Tuesday and it was in the 800k range. Every time I refreshed, it grew at least by 5k, usually more. Finally, by Friday, his sister was toast. Read the comments, highly entertaining. People demanding birth certificates, asking if the middle name will be skeletor, and having a good time.

Nice to know the tools exist to help give children ridiculous names!

No comments:

Post a Comment